Fellowship of the Society is awarded to those who have over a period of years proven themselves in their field of design and who have shown long-term commitment to the profession and the Society. Only those who have been members of the Society for at least five years will be eligible to be considered or invited to become Fellows.
How do I become a CSD Fellow?
Fellowship is awarded following an informal interview before a Fellowship Panel. Fellows will be expected to have made a significant contribution in 3 key areas:
- their own practice or field of design
- the profession of design
- the Chartered Society of Designers
Find out more here: CPSK+A
Once you’re a CSD Fellow you will:
- Be able to use the authorised title ‘Fellow of the Chartered Society of Designers’ and the post nominal letters FCSD to evidence that not only have you attained a level of practice competence recognised by the professional body for design which demonstrates your commitment to professional practice but that also your significant achievement in respect of your own development, the profession and the Society has been acknowledged.
- Have use of a unique descriptor awarded to you identifying your design specialism.
- Receive a signed personal certificate bearing the Minerva seal and set in a black aluminium frame.
- Have use of a unique Minerva Members’ Marque on your personal promotional material. The Marque is FREE to members and may be adopted for companies with more than one CSD member subject to certain criteria and a licence fee.
- Be exempt from many elements of the Pathway to Chartered Designer and a significant discount on the application fee.
- Be able to take full advantage of the CSD’s networks with invitations and access to a variety of events as well as opportunities to reach out to fellow designers through our social media channels and focus groups.
- Vote at the Society’s AGM, participate in committee work, become a membership assessor and CEP accreditation panel member.
- Receive exclusive special offers from CSD and our partners on resources services, books, magazines, software and other materials.
- Be able to display your portfolio on the Fellows section of ‘Find-a-Designer’, a directory of CSD members which can be searched by clients.
And so much more. For more information download the guidelines
Use the authorised title ‘Fellow of the Chartered Society of Designers’ and the abbreviation FCSD to indicate that you are not only to indicate that you have attained a level of competence recognised by the professional body for design and to demonstrate your commitment to professional practice but that your contribution to your own development, the profession and the Society has been acknowledged.
Identify your design specialism with a unique descriptor.
Receive a personal certificate bearing the Minerva seal, signed by the President and Honorary Secretary and set in a black aluminium frame.
04 Members’ Marque
Use your unique Minerva Members’ Marque with a personal registration number and protected as a Collective Trademark for use on any promotional material.
Exemption from certain elements of the Pathway to Chartered Designer plus a significant discount on the application fee.
Take full advantage of the Society’s networks with invitations to a variety of events as well as opportunities to reach out to fellow designers through our social media channels and focus groups.
Vote at the Society’s AGM, participate in committee work, become membership assessors and accreditation panel members.
Gain access to all our digital content including magazines, reports, advice columns, book reviews, portfolio galleries and much more.
09 Professional Development
Receive discounts on selected workshops and events, as well as portfolio gym sessions and other learning opportunities to help you to develop professionally.
10 Online Portfolio
Your our own personal MCSD portfolio which you can populate with contact details, links to your website and social media, professional practice details, CPD record and case studies together with images of your work.
Your portfolio displayed in the Fellows listing on ‘Find-a-Designer’ a directory of CSD members which can be searched by clients.
Receive a confidential one-to-one advice service across a range of issues. The Society has developed a network of partnerships and collaborations in order to ensure members receive professional and affordable support in many specialist areas.
13 Professional Protection and Security
Receive preferential rates on Professional Indemnity insurance and other forms of insurance plus discounts on initiatives for Intellectual Property protection.
14 Business Opportunities
Receive notifications of design tenders and benefit from design opportunities through the CSD client referral service.
Advertise job vacancies in the CSD classified recruitment section free of charge and receive significant discounts on feature recruitment ads.
Stay informed of developments within the industry and the profession on a regular basis through TheDesigner and our digital channels and direct email broadcasts.
Find out about design exhibitions, conferences, shows, talks, debates, workshops, lectures and receive exclusive invitations and discounted rates.
Receive exclusive special offers from CSD and our partners on resources such as books, magazines, software and other materials.
Add your voice to the work undertaken by the professional body in influencing government, academia, clients and the design sector.
Only full members (MCSD) may become Fellows (FCSD).
There is no application, upgrade or joining fee.
If awarded Chartered Designer status
the annual subscription is £395