PROFILE: A surface pattern designer with expertise in fine china design, gift and greetings cards, wrap, wallpaper and textiles.
1997 – present: Freelance Designer, Marilyn Hankinson Design.
1975 – 1997: Senior Designer, Royal Doulton Tableware Limited.
• Developed designs throughout the whole range of Royal Doulton products from luxurious Fine China, (including Minton), Bridal, casual and everyday ware, accent plates and table accessories to Doulton giftware;
• Experienced in working to meet the needs of the market both in terms of design and price;
• Experienced in working with pottery colour, designing straight onto the plate.
• CAMBERLEY: This design was awarded the “Dinner-set of the Year 1995” in the Netherlands. Launched 1991.
• ATLANTA: A very successful design which was used in Royal Doulton advertising and promotions, (see “Brides” magazine January/February 1997 edition, where shown with “Blueberry”). Launched 1994.
• BLUEBERRY: Featured extensively in the “Legacy of Sir Henry Doulton Exhibition” at the City Museum, Stoke-on-Trent. A colourway of this very successful design was launched in the Summer of 1997 and appeared in the September 1997 edition of “Tableware International”.
• WESTGATE launched at the New York Spring Fair 1995.
• COLORADO: A design featured in the Canadian Bridal magazine “Wedding Bells” during the Summer of 1997.
• Creating a complete set of finished illustrations for a BUNNYKINS book.